Monday, August 11, 2014

Gray is My Favorite Color

"Buddy the Elf, what's your favorite color?"

Colors are so important. Certain colors can enhance your mood and make you feel comfortable. Growing up, I thought my favorite color was pink and I tried to make everything I owned pink. But the only reason this was my favorite color was because I always saw that girls should like pink and boys should like blue. As I grew up, I kind of grew out of color and now I kind of don’t even have a favorite color. I have an appreciation for every color now (except maybe orange, we never get along) and have several favorites that I like for specific reasons.

Gray


I love gray and all of its 50 shades. ;) But honestly, gray is a color that I always gravitate towards. Whenever I am shopping, gray clothing always attracts my eyes. I love gray clothes, shoes, purses, coats, and accessories. I also love when gray is used in interior design, like gray walls and furniture. The other day, I went back-to-school shopping at H&M and literally only got gray clothing because it is so versatile. 


Burgundy / Maroon / Berry / Whatever you want to call it 


This has been a favorite of mine for the past couple of years. I love wearing this color because it adds a pop of color to any outfit without being over-bearing. I love to wear burgundy in sweaters, scarves, and on my lips as a lipstick! It is mostly a fall color (I LOVE fall) but I love wearing it in all seasons. Recently, I ventured my obsession into the shoe department and got some great Dolce Vita loafers at a local Buffalo Exchange for $25! 


Seafoam Green 


This color I love exclusively for home decor and nail polish. I love when this color is used as an accent color where everything else is neutral. It is so fresh and and it really lightens my mood. My room is currently painted a light seafoam green and I paired it with white furniture to bring out the colors freshness. I chose this color because I thought if I ever owned a cottage, this is what I would want it to look like. I am going to show you only a glimpse of my room because the rest of it is a disaster because my mom is renovating her room and decided to put all of her stuff in my room. 


So what is your favorite color? 

-Emily 

No comments:

Post a Comment